- This event has passed.
October 6, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- October 6, 2022
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Name of person submitting tour information
- Cindy Book
- Tour Region
- Tour Type
- Open to the Public
- Name of Contact at Manufacturing Company
- Cindy Book
- Phone number of Contact at Manufacturing Company
- Email of Contact at Manufacturing Company
- Company Description
- UMC is a second-generation owned family business that started in a garage in Hamel, MN in 1968. The founder was a visionary who wanted to take machining to the next level. His son, Don Tomann, has persisted in carrying out that vision pushing technology and automation as they continue to produce critical components for both the medical and defense markets. UMC manufacturers some of the smallest, most intricate parts utilizing state of the art equipment coupled with creative, skilled employees. Their recently built 58,000 square foot expansion was designed to reflect the future of manufacturing.
- Parking Information
- Parking available in two large parking lots. Enter Door A/Visitor Entrance to check-in.
- How did you hear about us?
- Tour Description
- A 30 to 45 minute comprehensive tour taking in the varied machines and technology that go into producing precision parts measured in microns. The tour concludes in our newly opened 58,000 square foot expansion featuring machine automation and modern meeting spaces that overlook the manufacturing floor.