- This event has passed.
October 6, 2022 @ 10:30 am - 5:00 pm
- October 6, 2022
10:30 am - 5:00 pm
750 Randolph Road
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501 United States + Google Map
- (218) 844-3535
- Name of person submitting tour information
- Viva Lauinger
- Tour Region
- Tour Type
- Open to the Public
- Name of Contact at Manufacturing Company
- Viva Lauinger
- Phone number of Contact at Manufacturing Company
- (218) 846-3075
- Email of Contact at Manufacturing Company
- Company Description
- For nearly 40 years, Lakeshirts has been a foundation in the Detroit Lakes community, and has grown into a nationally recognized leader in the manufacturing of customized apparel and accessories. What started in the basement on the shores of our hometown lake has grown into a 325,000-square-foot local facility that serves just about every corner of the country. While other companies moved their production offshore to leverage cheap (and often unregulated) labor, co-owners Mike Hutchinson and Mark Fritz saw our local team as a distinct competitive advantage by being able to build sophisticated, customized production to meet the unique needs of their retail and collegiate customers. The results speak for themselves. The next time you go on vacation, look for the Lakeshirts’ Blue 84 brand – it’s all over the place, and just about all of it was manufactured here in good old Detroit Lakes, Minn., by the best team in the business. To have the best team, one needs to have the best place to work, and Lakeshirts is truly that. From its relaxed atmosphere (shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops are common attire), to dogs in the office, to an on-site cafeteria that is second-to-none, to a leadership team that truly cares, Lakeshirts is a very big company with a very small-company attitude. All of that stems from values that are actually lived every day, and aren’t just words on a plaque on a wall somewhere. At Lakeshirts, we’ve always said that “Life’s Better in a T-Shirt,” and we know that to be true. We’re fortunate to continue to build and grow here in our hometown; an incredible place to live and work. Visit our website to see how we roll & why we’re the best t-shirt company on Earth.
- How did you hear about us?
- Detroit Lakes Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Tour Description
- Grab a comfy pair of shoes & come see why 'Life's Better in a T-shirt.' We'll be touring in groups, showing our processes in Screenprint, Embroidery & Stickers, as well as showing where we create Art, how we showcase garments for our customers, where we dye our garments & much more. No dress code requirement.