Minnesota State Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence wants to:
Interest students in manufacturing careers
Show the youth & influencers career opportunities available in today’s manufacturing
Improve youth’s confidence in STEM skills
Making an impact
Supporting youth outreach is an investment in the future manufacturing workforce. Since 2006, we have:
- Worked with our partner colleges to host quality STEM-related events that promote modern manufacturing careers.
- Funded 121 career expos and summer camps that develop STEM skills and highlight local industry
- Reached over 7,300 students.
Supporting events isn’t enough— Minnesota State Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence also works to capture best practices and measure the impact made.
According to the 2016 summer camp surveys, after camp was over:
- 97% had increased confidence in their STEM abilities.
- 94% learned about manufacturing and making things.
- 95% were more aware of manufacturing careers.
- 85% were more interested in manufacturing careers.
Learn more about our impact with summer camps in the 2015 Summer Camp Report.
Dream It. Do It. Minnesota
Dream It. Do It. Minnesota is an important part of this work, providing relevant, up-to-date career information for youth, parents, and other influencers. Resources are provided to event hosts to showcase modern manufacturing and offer relevant education and career information to youth, parents, and other influencers.