Minnesota State Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence leads Dream It. Do It. Minnesota, which inspires the next generation of manufacturing talent. We collaborate with industry to promote manufacturing as a career of choice in Minnesota to youth, parents, educators, and other influencers.
Events like robotics competitions, career expos, and the Statewide Tour of Manufacturing provide youth, parents, and educators firsthand experiences to see what modern manufacturing is like. Through interactive displays, engaging presentations, and tours, Dream It. Do It. Minnesota showcases how manufacturing is a strong STEM field with high-paying career opportunities.
Minnesota State Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence develops a variety of resources for Dream It. Do It. Minnesota, including:
- A Teacher’s Guide (designed for grades 6-12) with lesson plans, activities, and videos to use in the classroom.
- Youth outreach toolkit with posters and handouts to promote manufacturing careers and provide next steps for youth and parents.
- A game app to engage youth with the manufacturing process.
These resources are free, providing effective ways for educators, parents, and event hosts to highlight modern manufacturing to youth.
We work closely with industry to develop effective ways to promote manufacturing both regionally and statewide. Different ways manufacturers can be involved include:
- Providing feedback on marketing toolkits and resources.
- Utilizing the Adopt-A-School guide to promote manufacturing in their community.
- Host a manufacturing tour.
- Support robotics tournaments.
Thank you to our sponsors, who support Dream It. Do It. Minnesota’s work:
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
- Minnesota Precision Manufacturing Association
- Tri-State Manufacturers’ Association
- West Central Initiative
- Central Minnesota Manufacturers Association
- Park Industries
- Rural Minnesota CEP
- Central Boiler
- Construction Industries
- Ideal Tool
- Central McGowan
- Optimist Club
- Lab Midwest