Youth Outreach Funding is an opportunity for college partners of the Minnesota State Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence | ATE Regional Center to recruit the next generation of workers, through creating engaging events that provide exposure to manufacturing college programs and to the exciting careers manufacturing industry offers. The Center has invested in developing a number of resources to promote advanced manufacturing through the Dream It. Do It. Minnesota campaign. Youth Outreach Funding is meant to inspire the next generation of manufacturing talent statewide.
Please complete the application (found here) and be as detailed as possible. Be sure to include specific ways in which you will utilize various Dream It. Do It. Minnesota resources to enhance your Youth Outreach event. This application should also be used for Female Focused Events.
- The application period for funding starts Saturday April 20, 2019 at 12:01 AM. Application are due no later than Monday May 20, 2019 at 11:59 PM. Late submissions will not be considered. After the close of the application period, the application will no longer be available.
- Colleges are limited to submitting no more than 3 applications for funding.
- Applications for funding MUST BE manufacturing-related. Please DO NOT include requests that blend disciplines, or your application will be rejected.
- Colleges will be notified by the Center of Award or Decline by June 1, 2019.
The online application is required if applying for funding. If you are the recipient of funding, the following actions are required on your part, or funding will be withheld for current and potentially future funding cycles:
- REQUIRED – Each participant in your event must create a Digital Badge Account – instructions will be provided for doing this. To learn more about badges watch this video. By simply being part of a youth event, each student participating will achieve their first badge. The pathway is designed to encourage their continued exploration of manufacturing careers.
- Colleges will complete the Center Post-event online survey within 10 business days of the close of the event.
- Colleges will survey youth participants in the event, utilizing Center-provided survey.
- Colleges will utilize supplied Dream It. Do It. Minnesota Youth Outreach Toolkit.
Youth Outreach Funding Application (Available April 20, 2019 @ 12:01 AM – May 20, 2019 @ 11:59 PM)
Here you will find the various flyers you can download and print if needed. Please print in color and two sided.
|Dream it. Do it. Post Card (6×9)||
Build It Better Game App Postcard
Industry Leaders Flyer
|Women in Manufacturing Flyer|