CTE Educator Collaboration Forums
The Minnesota State Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence is Here For You Now! This page provides you with information to help you navigate educational challenges during this global pandemic. Please join us at our upcoming forums and check out the rest of the information below.
- COVID-19 CTE Educator Collaboration Forums – Five manufacturing sessions hosted on March 26, 2020
- Minnesota State ‘Keep Teaching through COVID-19’ Webinar (https://asanewsletter.org/keepteaching/)
- Minnesota State AMCOE sector-specific Educator Forums
- Manufacturing Solutions Webinars (https://www.mpma.com/news/495368/Webinar-Series-Manufacturing-Solutions-to-COVID-19-Challenges.htm
Mental Health Resources
- Active Minds Resources – Tips and tools for addressing our mental health and helping friends, co-workers, and students: Active Minds – Mental Health Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Resources – Download the NAMI HelpLine Coronavirus Information and Resources Guide
- Minnesota State Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Work/Life Counseling – Get 24/7 access to expert, personal consultation on a wide range of concerns, from financial and legal matters to relationship challenges and family problems. As an employee benefit, there is no charge for using EAP Work/Life Counseling. Call LifeMatters: 651-259-3840 or 1-800-657-3719.
- Quality Matters Best Practices Resource Emergency Remote Instruction Checklists for K-12 and Higher Education (includes a video introduction to the tools)
- Minnesota State Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence Resources
- Career Success Skills Modules specific to manufacturing available for free download: https://www.mnmfg.org/action/skill-development/. Includes power points, teacher guides, videos, student workbooks.
- Manufacturing Career Exploration Resources
- Manufacturing Career Tool: https://www.yourfutureinmanufacturing.com/ website with facts about careers in manufacturing, videos, and a fun quiz for students to determine which careers in manufacturing may be a good fit for them.
- An Introduction to Manufacturing in Minnesota Teacher Guide: download a free copy! Includes ready-made lessons for students grades 6-12 to explore careers in manufacturing.
- Career Videos: visit the DreamItDoItMN Youtube Channel for lots of great videos including career facts, people talking about their jobs, and highlights of Minnesota manufacturing companies. Be sure to check out the videos featuring women talking about their careers in manufacturing!
- Badge Pathway: Students can earn badges for career exploration activities. To learn more access https://www.dreamitdoitmn.com/badgepathway/ or watch the Badge Pathway Video
Resource Websites in One Place!
- Minnesota State https://minnstate.edu/
- Minnesota State Centers of Excellence https://minnstate.edu/coe/index.html
- Resources for Agriculture Curriculum: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GRTnn4_gSkclDS-1mJFN2FoMZN7cRUGC
- Minnesota State Engineering Center of Excellence: http://engineering.mnsu.edu/educator-resources/
- Minnesota State Transportation Center of Excellence: https://www.minntran.org/for-you-teacher-resources/
- Minnesota Department of Education (MDE): https://education.mn.gov/MDE/dse/health/covid19/
- MTEEA: https://www.mteea.net/index.php/resources/distance-learning-education
- Resource List from Manufacturing Forum held March 20, 2020: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jEbUNd9TpbkE_DRwwskz-u0n9_OAqzJb1qqmWQNECuQ/edit
- CTE Coalition: https://ctecoalition.com/ – provides a list of industry partners with resources available to support online learning; includes companies such as camInstructor, HAAS, ToolingU, SkillsUSA
- FLATE/ET Modules – Curriculum available for a variety of engineering technology and manufacturing courses: http://flate.pbworks.com/w/page/49891236/ET%20Modules
- ULinc – curriculum for welding: https://education.lincolnelectric.com/products/curriculum/u-linc/
- Multisim – Free tool you can use to create and simulate electrical circuits: multisim.com
- Immerse to Learn – virtual online training system for manufacturing and automation: https://web.immerse2learn.com/web/my-login/
- OnShape – online CAD system that can run on tablet or phone: OnShape.com
Centers for Disease Control