The mission of 360 Manufacturing Center of Excellence is to increase the quantity, quality, and diversity of talent available for Minnesota Manufacturing businesses. One of the ways 360 carries out this mission is fund youth outreach events at our partner colleges to:
- Improve the perception of modern manufacturing.
- Interest students in modern manufacturing careers.
- Highlight career opportunities in modern manufacturing.
- Promote manufacturing programs at partner colleges.
- Improve confidence in youth’s STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) skills and subjects.
This past summer, 360 funded 17 summer camps and youth outreach events that reached 328 youth. Youth and their parents also received information about modern manufacturing through Dream It. Do It. Minnesota (led by 360). Students were surveyed about their experiences. The results showed that:
- 90% learned more about STEM.
- 97% were more confident in their STEM abilities.
- 94% learned about manufacturing and making things.
- 85% were more interested in manufacturing careers.
- 95% were more aware of manufacturing careers.
360 continues to support youth outreach events through our partner colleges to reach youth and their influencers, including summer camps, career expos, and Dream It. Do It. Minnesota.